Our Homeschooling and Military Journey Through Life ~ Click on one of the tabs for additional pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let's Stand Together, Pray Together, and Protect Our Marriages...

Photo: Love this quote. - sharing from Cassandra's Marriage Mints
Just as a side note, I 'm thinking that I'm not meant to write this as my computer just went blank and then came back up again. So here goes you evil devil. I will prevail and God will bless and protect all of our marriages.  
Bible Verse came from: Time-Warp Wife... 
As I write this to God I am thinking of all my readers who may be going through similar struggles of life and just really need to be encouraged and lifted up as well.


Lord, many of our marriages are under attack by the devil right now and I am praying that today you will put a hedge around all of our families and protect them.

Lord, you know that our marriages are suppose to be the strongest  part of our family, but at this time it seems as though they are at their weakest. Lord, we pray so hard for each other in our homeschooling worlds.  We pray for each other as teachers and mothers, and we pray for our kids and it appears we must be doing a good job because now it looks like the enemy is going to back off there and wage a battle over our marriages.

It seems to me that many of our homeschooling families are having similar problems within our homes and with our spouses. Our spouses seem to be under attack at their work by their employers, supervisors and fellow employees. They are getting beat up at work and then come home and they just don't know how to decompress.  As wives we are left at not knowing what to say or how to say it, to help encourage them.

Lord, we need your guidance as wives to know how to be the proper help meets to them.  We need wisdom to know what to say to be the encourager You want us to be and how to lift them back up when everyone around them tears them down. 

Lord, You know my heartYou know I love my husband, but sometimes I wonder if "today" do I really like him.  Lord, this isn't how a marriage is suppose to be.  I know with Your healing hand that you can heal mine and so many other marriages from the strain that the enemy has imposed upon our relationship/s. Can you fight this battle for me and for us?

Lord, I come to you worn out from the trials of daily life.  I come to you with an open and exhausted heart.  It needs some healing as it is just too weak to find the words I am asking for.  Please Lord, as only You can do, heal mine and our relationships. Make them whole and alive againBless our marriages with the love and laughter, joy, and mercy, grace and peace, communication and tenderness again that can only come from You!!!

Lord, it is my desire that you would take over this "battle" and fight it for me as I am just so tired and in need of rest from it. I know you have my back and that you are my Commander in this fight, but I need for you take the lead so I can just lay my head down and rest. 

Lord, as I lay my heart out for you and others to see, I pray that whomever is to read this that You will provide them the comfort they may need in their lives. There is a reason why I am writing this very personal prayer out loud when You know I am such a private person. Touch the others who are meant for this as well.  Mend our relationships and heal our families and if they are all homeschoolers like myself, bless and heal their schooling from all these struggles in our lives.

Thank You for being a Father the we can turn to and know You "will" make it all better. We know that you are stronger than any attack that can come our way. Protect us and heal us from all of this.

In Your Precious and Mighty Name, Amen!


6 comments:

  1. Beautifully stated. Thank you for sharing your heart & "putting it all out there" when that is hard to do. What an encouragement to know that we do not walk in our struggles alone. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much zookeepermom. This was actually very hard for me to do as I am extremely private; so much so that is why there aren't pictures of my Precious Duck here. I just really felt convicted to pray this prayer not just for myself but for all my friends (those I know and don't know). We are under attack as families and I just feel we need to take a stand and prepare for the battle. The Military side of me says, I am ready as I know my God is in the lead!!! I WILL NOT let the enemy have my marriage that I have fought so hard to keep! The military may have taken a part of my husband from me (PTSD), but I will not surrender all of him. I so appreciate your kind words. They are such encouragement to me. Thank You for taking that extra minute for me. :)

      Delete
  2. AMEN. I think there a LOT of marriages under fire right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely Agree!! My heart breaks every time I hear of another one that didn't make it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome prayer! Amazing! As a woman who went through a really rough time in my marriage and when I surrendered it over to God, he restored so much to us. I know it can happen for others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brownie ~ Thank you for sharing your words of encouragement. How encouraging to see the results of God's healing power in your marriage.

      Delete

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I am looking forward to what you think.
Have a blessed day!