Our Homeschooling and Military Journey Through Life ~ Click on one of the tabs for additional pages

Sunday, May 8, 2016

God Blessed Us With Our Mothers Today


Today is a day that we celebrate our moms. 

When you think of your mom, what comes to mind?

Are they loving thoughts or are they memories you struggle with?

As Mom's my mom always said they don't come with a book. There is no right or wrong way to being a mother.

I never truly understood the magnitude of that statement until I became a mom. 

As I enjoyed a lengthy conversation with my mom last night we came back to this conversation and she was honest by saying she made her fair share of mistakes with raising my brother and I, but I don't hold those mistakes against her as I am a mom who can fully understand, for I am guilty of making my own mom mistakes. 

I know Mother's Day comes with a series of mixed emotions because being a mother isn't always packaged up in a neat and tidy pretty little box. There are mothers who have blessed us with beautiful memories of motherhood while there are many who have not had those wonderful experiences.  

As we go about our day be respectful of everyone who is touched by the variety of emotions today brings because not everyone is touched by the happy gleefulness the day can bring. 

Keep in the back of your mind there are others who have different stories that makes today a day of difficulty. 

Try to remember to be empathic to everyone today no matter what their story might be. 

  •      Many people are grieving for the loss of their mom who is no longer with them. 
  •      Many people long for repaired relationships with them.
  •      Many people are blessed to have a healthy relationship with their mom and are encouraged by the time they get to spend with them.
  •      Many people are grieving in their motherhood for they have lost a dear child and feel the pain of that loss every minute of every day. 
  •      Many people grieve today for their longing to be a mother but have not become one yet. 
  •      Many people are coming from homes where adoption occurred and they may not even know who their real mother may be, but they have adopted mothers who loves be them as closely as any real mother ever could. 

I know there are many other circumstance in people's lives that may make today either a joyous day or one of heartache. 

I have seen the many sides of the wide range of emotions this can bring, but there is one commonality amongst all of these emotions and it should be that we are all here because a mother brought us into the world. 

For this reason be thankful for your mother today because she is a blessing God provided to us. If this thankfulness comes easy feel blessed but if it comes with difficulty consider today to seek forgiveness in your heart so you can experience the thankfulness for your mother today. 

God doesn't make mistakes. So whether this is a joyous day with beautiful memories, or whether it is a day of painful memories take the time to look up to God and say, "Thank You God for my mom for she brought me into the world, because without her, I wouldn't be here today."

To those who are blessed to have a wonderful mother; love her, cherish her, and lastly respect her not just today but in every day for she is blessing given specifically to you from God.  

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mothers! I pray your day is a blessing from God!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I am looking forward to what you think.
Have a blessed day!