Our Homeschooling and Military Journey Through Life ~ Click on one of the tabs for additional pages

Monday, November 30, 2015

A Time of Great Revelation


The past few years have taught me so much about what it means to have genuine faith for trusting in God to meet our every need.

We have endured several hardships back to back and even though there were many days of tears and fears, God has taught me several life lessons through it all.

During what I will identify as Crisis 2, He taught me what He truly means to have faith and contentment in Him.

Do Not Worry ~ “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
                                                                                                   Matthew 6:25-28 (NKJV)

I leaned on this scripture more than words could possibly express.

There is so much meaning and strength in this passage.

If you find yourself in a hardship, seek this passage and be encouraged.

If God can take care of the birds and the flowers of the fields, how much more does He love and care for you?

During Crisis 3, I learned what God means for us to have hope and perseverance in things that can not be seen. 

If you  have ever truly gone through a hardship, you know the great difficulty this brings when you can not physically see a way out of a situation. 

This hope and perseverance that can not be seen is what you learn to cling to for guidance in order to survive the difficult journey you may be on.



Hope

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.
                                                                 Jeremiah 29:11 (NKJV)

Perseverance

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.   Galatians 6:9 (NKJV)


These were some tough lessons to learn, but I am remaining optimistic and hopeful that I have learned what God was teaching me as we begin our new journey in life.

Now to go back to Crisis 1. I did not address this one first as I am still in the process of pondering what God wants me to learn from that journey.

It is my hope as I begin to write about this difficult one, that God will reveal more and more about it, as it is the rope that ties all these difficulties together.

As I close it is my prayer that God will use my story to touch a piece of your life in the manner in which it has touched mine.

It is also my desire to know if we had to travel down these few difficult roads, that our experience can be used and heard by others to encourage them through whatever difficulties they may be experiencing too.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave me a comment. I am looking forward to what you think.
Have a blessed day!